Our Property Development, Planning, and Construction department has extensive experience in development, planning and construction work. We offer a wide range of expertise in commercial property development and are involved in development sites throughout the South East, the South West, the Midlands and Wales.
Led by Chris Batty, described by Chambers Legal Directory as “one of the very few lawyers who fully understands consortium development”, the Department acts for a variety of clients including private companies, listed and unlisted public limited companies, banks, individuals, construction and development groups.
Our Property Development and Planning team has an established reputation in the area of commercial property development and is recommended in the “Legal 500”, the Chambers Directory of the legal profession and in the legal section of the “Surveyors 500”.
Our areas of expertise include:
• Acquisitions, setting up estates and disposals of units in commercial and residential developments, ranging from those containing a small number of units to strategic developments containing of 3,000 units or more.
• Social housing.
• Statutory service agreements.
• Planning applications and appeals.
• Planning agreements.
• Planning inquiries and Lands Tribunal matters.
• Options, joint ventures and consortium agreements.
• Project finance.
• Construction contracts and sub-contracts.
• Professional appointments.
• Warranties and charges over building contracts.
If you would like to speak to us about our Property Development and Planning services, please contact either Chris Batty, Paul Dutch or Chris Snodin on 020 8422 5678.