Our Residential Property team comprises qualified solicitors and Fellows of the Society of Legal Executives. The team provides friendly, personal and efficient service to new and existing clients. Our aim is to eliminate the stress often associated in the sale or purchase of a property.
Who We Help
- Buyer and mortgage lender on the purchase of flats and houses, including new plot purchases, right to buy and shared ownership
- Seller and lender on the sale of flats and houses
- House or flat owner and their lender in re-mortgaging their property to a new lender and/or redeeming their previous mortgage
- Shared Ownership leaseholder purchasing an increased share in the ownership of the property ("staircasing")
- Flat or house owner who is transferring their interest in their property to another co-owner or vice versa (“Transfer of Equity”)
- Transfer of Equity on breakdown of matrimonial relationship
- Flat owner and their mortgage lender where the Landlord has agreed to change the wording of the lease (“Deed of Variation”) at the request of the flat owner
- Flat owner and their mortgage lender in extending their lease on terms not initially agreed with their landlord under the Leasehold Reform (Housing and Urban Development) Act 1993
- Landlord whose flat owner lessee wishes to extend their lease
- Group of flat owners acquiring the freehold of the whole of their building including statutory Enfranchisements
- Freeholder of a building granting lease extensions* or new leases to some or all of the flat owners (often where the freeholder is a company controlled by the flat owners)
Why Choose Us
- We are accredited members of the Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme; a Scheme designed to ensure that participating firms use best conveyancing procedures
- We have a comprehensive professional training scheme for all our lawyers, ensuring that they stay up to date with key developments
- We are on the approved panel of solicitors for most mortgage lenders which means we can act on their behalf negating the need for you to incur the fees of a separate conveyancer
- We use an intelligent, interactive online pre- and post-completion checklist and risk management tool for conveyancers, supported by the Council for Mortgage Lenders and recommended by insurers
- Our sophisticated case management system allows us to speed up the pace at which we can process your matter
- We undertake all property searches using online providers saving you time and money
- We register your property electronically with the Land Registry documents online service saving you 50% of the standard fee
- We aim to respond substantively to client's emails within one working day of receipt
- If your conveyancer is unavailable you will be helped by a member of our support team
- We can accept some payments from clients by credit/debit card
- You will be provided with direct dial phone numbers to the conveyancers dealing with your case
What Our Clients Say
"I would like to place on record my appreciation for all the work you have done – it has been professional, pragmatic, authoritative and helpful"
"The process of buying and selling property is littered with risk and uncertainty. Your negotiations not only saved me money but, in addition, the pace of the sale was largely driven by your tenacity"
"Thank you for all your help with our recent move. Your calm and professionalism really made the whole thing a lot less stressful than it could have been and this was much appreciated"
"I would like to thank you and your team for your extended efforts, smartness and diligence without which we would not have been able to complete on our property in the manner in which we did. This only manifests what we have come to expect from Harold Benjamin and the firm's talented and professional team"
For Residential Property enquiries please contact Susanna Levingstone (nee Gill), Patrica Masterson, Andy Finkel, Sabi Purewal or Dominic Danvers on 020 8422 5678.