We have written on numerous occasions of the danger of either failing to leave a will or of not taking professional advice when making your will. Among the difficulties that can arise with DIY wills are challenges by family members who have been excluded...
The Property Litigation expertise within the Dispute Resolution and Litigation department provides the interface between our critically-acclaimed niche real estate practice and our expanding dispute resolution service.
At that busy crossroads, a dedicated Property Litigation service has always been a key element to the service we provide to our clients.
The members of the dispute resolution team work closely with our commercial real estate lawyers to provide advice when risks arise and to avoid litigation where possible. Risk management and litigation avoidance are an important part of our work. By thinking ahead and being pro-active, our lawyers can help clients develop and implement strategies at the outset to reduce the risk of problems later on.
In those cases where disputes do arise, we aim to resolve them quickly through litigation, arbitration, mediation, lands tribunal or inquiry procedures.
The team acts for institutional landlords and real estate developers. Many of our clients also instruct our nationally-recognised non-contentious real estate practice.
Our services include:
- statutory notices, ending the lease, opposing lease renewals, surrender, forfeiture and break clauses
- enforcing leasehold covenants including arrears, rights to assign and/or sublet and/or make alterations, rights of entry to effect repairs, breach of user and dilapidations
- eviction of travellers, squatters and trespassers
- adverse possession claims
- disputes relating to real estate transactions or real estate clients
- development-related work including contested site assembly and business lease termination
- acting both on behalf of and against surveyors and architects in professional negligence disputes
- enforcement of easements
- commercial boundary disputes
- property development agreement disputes
- enforcement of restrictive covenants
- enforcement of option agreements
For further information please contact: