Since COVID-19 hit these shores last year, the government has implemented temporary measures to protect commercial tenants from having their leases forfeited or being forced into insolvency where they have been unable to pay rent as result of the pandemic on...
Paralegal - Commercial Property (Landlord & Tenant)
Subject to relevant qualification, experience and supervision, your work will include the following:
• Drafting documents, research, some client advice and liaising with solicitors/conveyancers and other third parties.
• You will be required to undertake debt and disbursement recovery, general file management (including filing, file opening and archiving (including ensuring zero balances on files), correspondence, diary management, fulfilling AML requirements.
• Taking and making telephone calls and assisting in managing work flows for the allocated fee earner.
• Able to prepare and submit applications to the Land Registry by way of the Land Registry portal.
• Able to prepare and submit SDLT forms to HM Revenue & Customs electronically.
• Able to undertake a full range of typing and administration tasks including producing/sending letters and emails and amending complex documents drafted by their allocated fee earner, preparing bills and completion statement.
• Under supervision and direction, you will assist the team to which you are assigned at any time in acting for clients of the firm. The department/team to which you are assigned may vary from time to time.
• You will be working with the team, and therefore the number of people you assist may vary from time to time.
• You will report to the Head of the Department to which you are assigned (unless otherwise indicated) but may be required to carry out work for any members of the team. You may be required to work with other Paralegals or Administration Assistants within the Firm.
• Depending on the needs of the business and your skill set, you may be required to work for more than one team at a time.
• You must have the ability and flexibility to work as a member of a team and to work constructively with our technology.
• Candidates should be able to make telephone calls and deal with enquiries
• Meticulous and thorough in their approach with an attention to detail
• Act in a professional and conscientious manner
• Show a friendly and “can do” attitude
• Think on their feet and be proactive
• Ability and flexibility to work as a member of a team
This role is part-time requiring 25 hours per week.
Please apply via email with your CV to email@example.com
We are always on the lookout for talented people both legal or dedicated support professionals to join our team. Please watch this page for upcoming opportunities and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn where they will also be posted. We encourage you to submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org