Senior Associate Solicitor & Solicitor Advocate - Higher Courts Civil Proceedings
In my role as Solicitor Advocate, I regularly work with a broad range of clients including foreign and blue-chip companies, property developers, pharmacy and homecare providers and high-net-worth individuals. My work necessitates me appearing before a variety of different courts as well as international arbitrations.
Notable cases include:
- Acting on behalf of an international steel company in relation to half-a-billion dollar contractual disputes involving international arbitration and High Court proceedings.
- Acting for a high-net-worth individual against a foreign Government in a shareholder dispute referred to arbitration.
- Successfully defending a summary judgment application for USD$70 million in relation to corporate and personal guarantees.
- Being instructed by a fashion company to defend proceedings against it and successfully obtaining security of costs.
- Successfully joining the director of a company to court proceedings, following the judgment in favour of the client and obtaining a costs order against the director personally for enforcement of the judgment.
- Acting on behalf of a racehorse owner in relation to a dispute over ownership, medical care and the value of a horse that raced in the Epsom Derby.
- Successfully obtaining injunctive relief against a billion-pound pharmaceutical company
- Property Litigation matters involving First Tier Tribunal work.
- Enforcement of an Option Agreement relating to Common Land.
- Advising and dealing with contested lease renewals on behalf of a major plc including break notices, dilapidations and rent reviews.
- Possession Proceedings relating to Common Law tenancies and Assured Shorthold Tenancies.
Education and Qualifications
- University of Keele, Law and Business LLB
- College of Law, London, LPC
- Civil Courts, Higher Rights of Audience Advocacy Qualification
- Alim qualified as a Solicitor in 2009.
Membership and Recognition
- Member of the Law Society of England & Wales
- Member of the Solicitors' Association of Higher Court Advocates
Life Outside the Law
Outside of work I enjoy travelling and the outdoors (sometimes mixing the two together) as well as a range of sports including some of an extreme nature (sky-diving, bungee jumping). If I am not at a sporting event, you will find me enjoying the best culinary delights London has to offer.
Direct Dial: 020 8872 3042