Working within the private client team, I advise individuals and families on wills, trusts, succession planning and the administration of estates (including Court of Protection and attorneyship).
I have a particular interest in heritage, art and charity matters.
Having worked in and around the art market for many years, I have an unrivalled experience of the legal issues affecting the trade. I regularly provide legal advice to artists and art dealers on personal and commercial matters.
- Advising an internationally renowned artist on the establishment of a charitable foundation
- Advising a foreign trust on the purchase and sale of significant works of art
- Providing an individual with planning advice with particular issues relating to cross-border chattels
- Obtaining a significant tax reduction for my client on the inheritance of a foreign estate
Education and Qualifications
- Edinburgh University, MA History of Art (Hons.)
- The College of Law, London, Post-Graduate Diploma in Law and LPC
- Arthur qualified as a Solicitor in 2009.
Membership and Recognition
- Member of the Law Society of England & Wales
- Member of Solicitors for the Elderly
- Member of the Charity Law Association
- Member of PAIAM (Professional Advisors to the International Art Market)
- I was also recommended in the Legal 500 2013 in the section for charities and not-for-profit organisations
Direct Dial: 020 8872 3018