I have acted for business owners and foreign legal firms in cross-border, commercial and contract litigation matters. Over the last 8 years I have also developed a unique proposition to SME’s through my law firm, The London Law Practice, providing advice, on-going support and general counsel services to a number of businesses. The firm was recognised by the Solicitors Journal Awards for work in promoting inclusion and diversity; and by the SME Legal Awards in the commercial litigation category.
My clients have said that I am “Helpful, Friendly & Knowledgeable” and “Prompt, Professional and Perfect.”
I trained as a solicitor with Simmons & Simmons. I qualified in 2004, and moved to Russell-Cooke Solicitors. I started The London Law Practice in 2011, which I ran until 2019. I have joined Harold Benjamin as a Partner in January 2020.
Career Highlights Include
- Acted for a HNW individual in defending a High Court action by a bank for breach of a facility agreement. Value circa £10m.
- Acted for a foreign company in enforcing a foreign judgment through the High Court. Obtaining recovery of over £1m, as part of a claim for over £20m. Advising on enforcement options in other jurisdictions.
- Acting in a number of shareholder and breach of contract matters.
- A case highlight for Bhavini was acting for the Law Society where a 1930 Act was successfully used, granting The Law Society ‘Rights Against Insurers’. It was a complicated case which set new law.
- Developing a unique SME proposition
Education and Qualifications
- LLB King’s College London
- LPC, College of Law, Guildford
- Bhavini Kalaria qualified as a Solicitor in 2004.
Memberships and Recognition
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Committee Member Asian Business Association, London Chamber of Commerce
- Skills Diversity and Inclusion Policy Group Member, Federation of Small Businesses
Life Outside the Law
Away from work, I enjoy spending time with family & friends, travel, theatre, art and music. I have also undertaken a number of pro bono activities.