Property Development & Planning
I am a senior specialist property development lawyer with particular expertise in residential led mixed-use development and regeneration schemes. I also have considerable experience in student accommodation and in pure commercial sites.
I advise private and public sector clients on all aspects of the development life cycle from acquisition and site assembly, through financing and the planning process, building, site set-up and sales.
I often work with joint ventures and other collaborative structures and I am experienced in negotiating overage and other profit share agreements.
I have experience of financing arrangements including bank lending and forward funding, acting both for developers and funders.
I frequently advise on how to resolve the issues encountered in development projects including restrictive covenants, rights of light and rights of way.
- Advising several local authorities in connection with joint ventures with private sector developers for major regeneration schemes including residential, retail and leisure space each with a value in excess of £100 million;
- Advising a syndicate of investors on the site assembly and planning aspects of a 300 plus unit residential site;
- Advising a local authority in connection with the development of two luxury residential schemes co-located at redeveloped schools;
- Advising a developer on a circa thousand unit, £500 million, mixed use regeneration scheme in London's docklands;
- Advising on several forward funded student accommodation schemes worth over £250 million in total;
- Advising a hotel developer on the restructuring of its arrangements with a residential developer as part of a mixed use scheme;
- Advising a private bank in connection with development funding for the redevelopment of several luxury houses located in London and elsewhere.
- College of Law (Postgraduate Diploma in Law)
- Magdalene College, Cambridge University (MA)
- Chris qualified as a Solicitor in 2003.
Law Society of England and Wales
Direct Dial: 020 8872 3069