Dispute Resolution & Litigation
I am a Partner in the firm’s Dispute Resolution & Litigation team, based in our London West End office.
My main areas of expertise include commercial litigation, arbitration, mediation, contractual disputes, debt recovery, professional negligence claims, and partnership and shareholder/company disputes. I also advise on complex matters in the areas of insolvency, fraud, regulatory work and Judicial Review, disputes arising out of mergers and acquisitions, finance litigation and IT disputes.
In addition, I am frequently engaged to act upon urgent matters such as emergency injunctions and other situations that require a speedy response.
To meet my clients’ objectives, I frequently collaborate with overseas lawyers and in-house counsel.
My clients range from corporates, multinationals, owner managed businesses, trustees and family offices to individuals.
Prior to joining Harold Benjamin, I was head of Commercial Litigation at two medium size Central London practices.
Past cases include:-
- Bringing a claim for multi-jurisdictional fraud of around £800 million against the past management of mining group.
- Applying for Judicial Review against the Department of Environment Food and Rural Affairs to obtain reference to European Court of Justice to challenge EU REACH Regulation on chemicals.
- Challenging worldwide freezing orders and resisting a claim for around £30 million brought by a leading Russian Bank against a Russian Guarantor and others.
- Issuing proceedings for professional negligence and settling claim for pension scheme trustees for circa £17 million against specialist pension advisers.
- Recovering significant compensation from multinational brewery group for wrongful termination of a distributorship agreement.
- Resolving a claim against a leading software house in respect of a failing project concerning an overseas hospital and university.
- Dealing with a dispute in connection with the acquisition of the assets of a business including 31 properties, including a portfolio of debt and adjustment of consideration.
Awards, Accreditations and Professional Bodies
I am a member of the International Bar Association.
Direct Dial: 020 3096 0824