My practice involves providing employment advice across all sectors including retail and industrial. I specialise in drafting and advising on employment contracts and policies and procedures relating to discipline, grievance, and redundancy. I frequently advise both employers and employees on settlement agreements as well as act for clients in Employment Tribunal claims; from drafting the claim or defence through to hearings. Areas I deal with in the Employment Tribunal have included unfair dismissal, disability, sex and age discrimination and whistleblowing. I also represent clients in claims before the courts, such as contract claims or claims to enforce restrictive covenants.
I also advise on employment issues arising from the transfers of businesses and terms for business sale and purchase agreements.
Because of my background in general dispute resolution, I represent clients in contentious probate and court of protection matters. These include disputes regarding Wills, claims against estates and under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act, as well as the conduct of Attorneys and Deputies.
I have been with Harold Benjamin since 2000, having previously worked in the West End. I qualified in 1987 and have practiced in dispute resolution ever since.
I have experience in transportation, private education and care homes. I have run several cases on medical fitness for work, what constitutes a disability and reasonable adjustments, and advise clients on HR issues.
Career Highlights Include:
- Acting for a company against a former Director, advising on his dismissal, breach of fiduciary duties and fraudulent conduct.
- Representing a Director, defending allegations of a breach of restrictive covenants.
- Successfully defending a national transport company in Employment Tribunal proceedings regarding disability discrimination and reasonable adjustments.
- Acting for an Executor in a dispute with a beneficiary regarding whether an asset was held on trust or formed part of the estate.
- Representing an estate in a dispute with a co-owner of a property and successfully obtaining an Order for Sale.
Education and Qualifications
- Plashet School Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- University of Warwick Law (LLB)
- Marina Vincent qualified as a Solicitor in 1987.
Membership and Recognition
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales
- The Employment Lawyers Association
- International Certificate in Risk Management
Life Outside the Law
I play golf regularly and am a member of a club in Rickmansworth. I enjoy reading and the cinema, bird watching and (albeit it rather slowly!) am learning to speak French.
Direct Dial: 020 8872 3052