Dispute Resolution & Litigation
As a Solicitor and Director within the disputes resolution team, I frequently act on contractual claims, company & partnership disputes and corporate & individual insolvency matters.
I have extensive experience in a wide range of real estate litigation. In particular, I have expertise in advising business clients on lease renewals, service charge disputes, and dilapidation claims.
Before joining Harold Benjamin, I was a partner in the dispute resolution team in a central London law firm.
Notable cases include:
- Successfully acted in a long running commercial dispute for a claimant landlord for rent arrears and other sums due under a lease in the High Court where a finding of fraud was made against the tenant who had fabricated documents to support their defence.
- Successfully acted on behalf of claimant landlords in a claim for possession of residential property where the defendant alleged that he had acquired an equitable interest in the property as a consequence of carrying out redevelopment works without the authority of the claimants.
- Successfully acted for a claimant landlord in recovering rent arrears and damages for dilapidations where the defendant alleged that the claimant Landlord was estopped from bringing the claim as a consequence of the terms of the settlement of previous proceedings.
- Successfully acted for claimants in a long running boundary dispute where the claimants established the true boundary line was the effective boundary as at the date of their acquisition of the property and not as at the date that the property was constructed.
Education and Qualifications
- University of East Anglia - (LLB Hons.)
- Guildford Law School - (LPC)
- Richard Budds qualified as a Solicitor in 1991.
Membership and Recognition
- Member of the Law Society of England & Wales
Life Outside the Law
In my spare time, I enjoy football, rugby and dancing.
Direct Dial: 020 8872 3003