I am a specialist Consultant Business Immigration Solicitor specialising in business immigration law, assisting corporate clients in a wide range of sectors including technology, recruitment, property development, corporate intelligence, risk consultancy, manufacturing, export and retail, tourism and outsourcing.
With a solid private practice and breadth of experience, I am able to provide immigration solutions and assistance to UK corporates, international and multinational businesses and private individuals alike, working with clients to ensure the visa solutions for their employees and business expansion plans for the UK are efficiently realised in a timely and cost effective manner.
I specialise in:
- Advising companies and investors who wish to secure business visas to establish their companies in the UK
- Advising clients on Representative of an Overseas Business visa
- Tier 1 Start Up/Innovator visas and Tier 1 (Investor) visas
- Tier 2 sponsorship licences for UK employers seeking to recruit highly skilled migrants or transfer employees from abroad
- Tier 2 (General) and Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfers) visa and business visitor visas
- Private immigration matters such as Indefinite leave to Remain, British citizenship/naturalisation, spouse/unmarried partner/same sex and the EU Settlement Scheme
I pride myself on having a high success rate for visa outcomes and an in-depth working knowledge of the complex immigration rules.
I maintain an excellent relationship with my diverse range of clients and am proud of being able to provide them with clear, helpful and honest advice throughout their case whilst practising on principles of exceptional client care, in-depth knowledge of the law and an ability to think creatively to assist clients achieve their immigration aims.
- Advised a subsidiary of one of the world’s largest outsourcing and technology specialised and secured a Representative of an Overseas Business visa for their senior employee to open a branch in the UK,
- Secured Tier 2 sponsor licences for a range of companies from SMEs to larger multinational corporations,
- Secured visas for key Chinese employees of a UK property development company with a large overseas clientele,
- Assisted a US transportation tech company to obtain key visas to allow them to establish their first commercial presence in the UK and perform on their UK contracts,
- Managed a sponsor licence application and secured a Tier 2 General visa for a the Head of Technology at one of the largest mobile app providers in the UK,
- Succeeded in securing visas, extensions of stay and settlement for numerous spouse, unmarried partners and same-sex partners under the partner immigration routes including those with an adverse immigration history,
- Assisted a large Indian footwear manufacturing company secure a visa for their Business Development Director to establish a subsidiary distribution warehouse and retail shops in the UK,
- Advised numerous international high net worth investors on best visa options for settlement in the UK,
- Delivered Tier 2 sponsor licence compliance training to UK companies to ensure they safeguard their sponsor duties and maintain their license.
Acted on Spouse visa
“Yes, everything went through and I have my Visa. Thanks again for all your help with our application. We couldn't have managed it without your expert guidance and attention to detail.”
Acted on Business Visitor Visa
“He got his visa for the full two years and everything went really well! The woman at the TLS office was impressed with how we had absolutely all our documents in order, and we had to of course give all the credit to you. “
Acted on unmarried partner visas
“Shamaila is incredibly thorough and gets great results. Shamaila was successful in securing my UK Partnership Visa the in the first instance when the application was submitted this year. Highly approachable and considerate, I would happily recommend Shamaila's services to anyone needing immigration assistance.”
Entrepreneur visa advice
“It was a great pleasure to deal with Shamaila as an Immigration Consultant; her vast expertise, experience and readiness to help are impressive. In particular, I am very impressed by her deep knowledge of particular details, nuances and contradictions of Immigration Rules; so, Shamaila's consultations definitely bring great value to customers.”
Acted on spouse visa
“As you have read, her visa is approved, and she will be coming to UK on 1st December!!"
"This is such great news after such a long wait and means a huge step forward for us both"
"I really would like to thank you for ensuring this result was 'yes' . . . "
"It was a pleasure to have you guiding us along."
"I acknowledge your expertise and guidance and think you are a great credit to you firm.”
Education and Qualifications
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2008
- LL.B. in English & Spanish Law from the University of Essex
- Legal Practice Course at The College of Law London
Memberships and Recognition
Law Society of England & Wales
Life Outside the Law
Yoga, travelling, exploring the British countryside and reading.