Business Law

Corporate Immigration

How we can assist

We provide immigration services and solutions to UK and global companies, and international business persons and investors.

UK employers and Brexit

After Brexit and the transition period is over the legal immigration status of EU citizens working in the UK will change.

EU citizens that enter the UK to live or work after 31st December 2020 will not have automatic statutory rights, equivalent to what they currently have in EU law, but instead will have a permission-based form of status.

We can assist companies support their EU staff by making applications for EU ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ status before Brexit or the transitional deadline ends. This will safeguard and facilitate them to apply for their new status after Brexit, or to apply for British citizenship to give them further protections for the long term.

Also, once the future immigration system is laid out for 2021 we can advise businesses on the new categories to hire EU staff going forward.

Skilled Migrant Recruitment, Global Mobility and Sponsor Licencing

Employing international skilled workers from outside of the EU  (and  the EU after Brexit) or transferring international staff from overseas offices requires a business to hold a sponsor licence to obtain employment visas for staff.

After the Brexit transitional period as free movement ends, the sponsor licence will become essential to hire all new migrant staff as EU citizen recruits will also be under one universal immigration regime.

We can assist companies HR departments with the procedures and compliance of sponsor duties.

 We can assist with :

  • process of applying for a sponsor licence
  • sponsor licence compliance and advice and right to work checks and audits
  • advise on Tier 2 employment visas and intra company transfers for international staff
  • advice on the resident labour market test

International Entrepreneurs & Investors

We can assist international companies, entrepreneurs and investors who wish to establish or expand themselves in the UK.

We can also advise HNW investors who wish to relocate themselves and their family members in the UK.

There are particular routes for tech specialists, scientists and researchers too.

We can advise international companies on how to send a senior employee to the UK to set up their first commercial presence UK and the visa requirements and criteria for doing so.

  • Business visitor visa
  • Representative of an overseas business visa
  • Tier 1 Investor visa
  • Tier 1 Start-up visa
  • Tier 1 Innovator visa
  • Global talent visa

Personal Immigration Matters

As well as corporate immigration matters, we also cover a wide variety of personal immigration matters for individuals such as:

  • British nationality/citizenship applications
  • British naturalisation applications
  • Indefinite leave to remain applications/ permanent residence
  • Marriage/partner visa applications
  • Visitor visas for a wide variety of activities
  • Student visas
  • Graduate (post study work) visa

Private Individual Immigration Fee Guide

For further information please contact Shamaila Khan:

Contact Details

Direct Dial: 0203 019 7800
Skype:        skhanluk