Private Client

Powers of Attorney

You may become unable to deal with your affairs through physical or mental deterioration at any time.  A Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) lets you choose the people who you want to control your affairs if you become unable or unwilling to manage them yourself.

  • A Health & Welfare LPA appoints people to make decisions about your daily routine, medical care, moving into a care home and life-sustaining treatment. It can only be used when you are unable to make your own decisions.
  • A Property & Financial Affairs LPA appoints people to make decisions about your money and property e.g. paying bills, collecting benefits and selling your home. It can be used as soon as it’s registered, with your permission. How can we help

If you do not make an LPA and you are no longer able to deal with your affairs, someone can apply to the Court of Protection to be appointed as your Deputy to look after your property and, if the Court accepts there is a need, your health and welfare.

For further information please contact:

Jonathan Dorman on 020 8422 5678
Arthur Byng Nelson on 020 8422 5678
Brindley Meredith on 020 8422 5678