My role as a Partner in the Commercial Property department includes advising clients on commercial property investment, high value acquisitions, disposals (freehold and leasehold), lettings (acting for both landlords and tenants) and portfolio management work. I also deal with high value residential property transactions.
My clients compliment my efficiency, competency and professionalism and my ability to understand complex issues and explain them simply and succinctly.
During my career, I have acted for a number of high profile institutions and companies as well as entrepreneurs, local businesses and individuals in the office, retail, hotel and investment sectors.
I trained as a solicitor with Mills & Reeve in Cambridge. On qualification in 1997, I moved to Clifford Chance and then to Speechly Bircham in 2004. I joined Harold Benjamin in 2014 and became a Director in 2015 and then a Partner in June 2018.
Career Highlights Include
- The purchase of a £16.5 million purchase of a multi-tenanted investment property in Southend-on Sea, acting on behalf of a significant developer/landlord
- The grant of a commercial lease (acting on behalf of a tenant) at a significant annual rent of circa £250,000 per annum (exclusive)
- Acting for a landlord in the grant of a lease (annual rent circa £200,000 per annum exclusive) to a high-street fitness club of commercial premises in a new build mixed use property
- Acting on behalf of a significant developer/landlord in the grant of a rack rent lease of a substantial retail premises to a large estate agency chain with branches nationwide
- Leading a team advising a major UK retail bank in connection with its nationwide asset management
- Advising a major institution as landlord in connection with the management and letting of its circa 2,000 square foot headquarter building in Paddington
Education and Qualifications
- BSc Hons in Biological Sciences, University of Leicester
- CPE & LPC, College of Law, London
- Post-Qualified Experience: 22 years (1997)
Memberships and Recognition
Law Society of England & Wales
Life Outside the Law
Away from work, I enjoy walking, cooking and reading.
Direct Dial: 020 8872 3071