Head of Commercial Property Investment and Auctions
I have been a Partner with Harold Benjamin since 2010 and took over as the firm's Managing Partner on 1 January 2019.
Alongside the day to day management of running the firm, I still maintain my busy client portfolio, particularly specialising in property acquisitions, disposals, funding arrangements and auctions for a range of small to mid-range builders and property developers, and assist on high-value residential and mixed-use schemes including the redevelopment and regeneration of brown and greenfield sites.
I have been the lead on several hotel deals including the acquisition of both boutique hotels and more mainstream hotel brands for private investors and companies. The hotels are spread across London and the United Kingdom. The firm has been engaged in deals with hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, Accor and the work has included the full gambit of real estate instructions together with franchise and service agreements.
I am an active deal broker and legal adviser and a number of my most entrepreneurial and influential family business clients / connections hail from the Asian Community.
Career Highlights Include
- Advising on a portfolio hotel refinance for a private family in excess of £35million.
- Representing a house builder in connection with a mixed-use scheme of 150 units within the Borough of Brent.
- Acting in connection with development finance of a luxury development scheme in the London Borough of Harrow at a value of excess of £10million.
- Acted in connection with the acquisition of an 80 bedroom hotel in Hertfordshire at a value of exceeding £11million.
- Represented a house builder in connection with the acquisition of the development site in the London Borough of Brent at a value in excess of £5million with a GDV exceeding £20million.
- Acted in connection with the sale of a portfolio of commercial properties exceeding £50million.
- Acted for a house builder in connection with the acquisition of a £10million development site undertaking completion within five days of instruction.
Examples of PR/Charity Work
- January 2019 - I took over the firm as Managing Partner - the move was featured in the relevant legal press and trade magazines.
- March 2019 - Asian Voice /Asian House Magazine - I was interviewed and featured and a contributor in this issue.
- April 2019 - Asian Wealth Magazine - I was interviewed and featured in a 9 page spread in this issue.
- October 2019 - Estates Gazette Property Auction Buyer's Guide 2019 - I wrote an article specifically for this issue.
- Published - Contributor and commentator in the Estates Gazette auctions column.
- Samanvya Parivar (London) - President from 2009-2011.
- Able Child Africa - On the Committee and an active member. I was an organiser of the 2019 Ball.
- 2019 SewaUK Rickshaw Run - Harold Benjamin were sponsors of a dedicated rickshaw in the Run across India.
- One Kind Act - Harold Benjamin supported the Prideview Cricketer's Cup 2019 organised by our clients Prideview Developments.
- The TUSK Ball 2019 - Harold Benjamin invested in the silent auction and secured a significant piece of artwork for the firm's reception area.
- Children on the Edge and Rural Refugee Network - Harold Benjamin sponsored Home from Home, an art exhibition by Alex Rennie in support of the Charities.
Reviews and Testimonials
John Kajani, Director - JMK Group
We have known and worked with Vijay Parikh in a professional capacity for over 20 years.
Our experience of Vijay is that he is a very diligent lawyer who never fails to exceed our expectations. He always provides us with excellent service and is truly meticulous in his dealings with us. He possesses remarkable interpersonal skills and has key contacts in the real estate industry. Vijay has also assisted us on a number of complex cases and has successfully achieved resolution of all those matters on our behalf.
To date, Vijay has played a pivotal role completing transactions in excess of £200m for the JMK Group.
We look forward to continuing our longstanding relationship with Vijay and recommend him at all times, he is a pleasure to work with.
Vishal Patel, Director - Prideview Group
I have known Vijay for over a decade and can say that not only has he become a close friend but have always been impressed at how he handles the legal work we give him and his ability to build strong relationships with his peers. There is never a problem too complex that Vijay is unable to solve and can say he is also there to help no matter how busy he is.
Education and Qualifications
- LLB (Hons) Law, Thames Valley University
- Vijay qualified as a Solicitor in 2002
Memberships and Recognition
- Member of the Law Society of England & Wales
- The firm's property finance team, co-led by myself and Ray Oshry, has been recognised in the Legal 500 (2018/2019 and 2019/2020) editions, specifically for our secured lending experience.
- I was humbled and honoured to receive the Khurshid Best in Legal Award at The British Indian Awards 2018 and the Best Professional in Business Award at the third annual London Asian Business Awards 2019.
Life Outside the Law
I have a keen interest in travel, classic cars and whiskey.
Direct Dial: 020 8872 3033